Sunday, November 10, 2013

ALS A&E for the Filipino out of school youth


Now that I am already a mother and my baby needs a lot of things, I have to earn money so I can provide her needs. And for you to earn money, you should have a job. I cant apply for a good paying job right now because I haven’t finished my studies yet. I cant go back to formal school because I have a baby to take care of and I am over aged already for HS. And selling my home baked goodies is not enough for all of my baby's daily needs. That is why I registered to DepEd’s non-formal education program, ALS A&E. ALS A&E stands for Alternative Learning System Accreditaion & Equivalency. It is DepEd’s program for the out of school youth just like me. It gives us a second chance in life to continue our studies and get a Highschool diploma so we can pursue college.



Who can register for ALS A&E?
Out of school youth or drop outs.
Over aged for school already.
For elementary: atleast 11 years old
For Highschool: atleast 15 years old
Anyone who is basically literate and wants to continue/finish their studies.
Whether you are a maid, janitor, messenger, cook, fisherman or a high profile person you can register for ALS A&E. Even our people’s champ Manny Pacquaio took this test so he can get a diploma. He is now DepEd's ambassador for ALS. :)

How does it work?
You go to your respective learning centers and review the modules given. In some places, classes are MWF or 3 times a week but mostly it is only once a week. You should complete atleast 800 hours of attendance in your learning centers.

It is free of charge! So if you have a friend who wants to continue their studies you can tell them about ALS A&E. Just go to the DepEd office near your place and ask them about it. Or you can also inquire in public schools near you. The test is only once a year so don’t waste a chance.  For this year 2013 we already took the test yesterday for the NCR division and we are the last batch for this year ALS A&E exam takers.

You can visit http://alternativelearningsystem.blogspot.com/ for more info and some reviewers. That blog has helped me a lot. 


I hope and pray to God that I passed the test so I can enroll for college next year. I really want to finish my studies not just for me but also for my Cierra and my family. So please pray for me too. Thanks! ☺

Leave some looove ♥

(Photo from google)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great alternative to regular schooling! I sure hope you get in the program!

    Abi
    aka The Belated Bloomer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good that you want to pursue your studies, go for it! I do hope you finish your studies, you can do it!!

    http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is really helpful and I felt your determination to really finish studies. Really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're doing great with your studies and life in general. :) If you want additional income, continue blogging and you'll discover lots of opportunities! ;)

    Jean
    Visit me at Irrational Sense of Optimism :)

    ReplyDelete